Mergers and Acquisitions
Companies in acquisition mode trust Echelon Advisors for employee benefits due diligence. Multiple technology platforms, conflicting benefit plans, combining cultures and processes, and then having to comfort anxious employees are just some of the complications that employers face when merging companies into the fold. We have the experience to identify unrecognized exposures and their impact to the value of the deal. We quantify the costs and liabilities so you have meaningful data to take into consideration during the structure of your deal.
- Investigate the cost of risk and its impact on earnings
- Develop payout plans for open claim obligations
- Conduct claim reserve analysis to assess balance sheet requirements
- Analyze historical loss patterns to develop accurate loss projections
- Provide pro-forma financials of post-closing insurance programs
- Create efficiencies to meet your financial objectives and exit strategies
Benefit Program Review
- Review the insurance provisions
- Conduct a thorough coverage review to identify coverage gaps
- Review form 5500 filings and assess any potential violations and their impact
- Conduct an audit of COBRA administration to determine proper parameters were met.
- Review self-funded plans for possible noncompliance resulting in prohibited transactions
- Conduct a thorough review of documents related to discrimination testing, and discriminatory administrative practices